"Bureaucracy - any administration in which action is hampered by unnecessary procedures"
- Collins English Dictionary brief
In your own organization, you ever thought "What are we doing this?" or "Why does not move as planned or desired? You will find it increasingly difficult to treat people? Do you think the increase in the level of frustration! Your workplace is a great time to lose! There may or bureaucracy.
Often without realizing it is the trend in the growth of bureaucratic organization. Rarely deliberate, but very common.
Here are some other symptoms of bureaucracy:
- Meetings are ineffective - too long, too often saving.
- More direct and personal communication - too many emails or "memo".
- Methods and increasing operations "manual"
- The decision of defensive and protective behavior and competitive interior. Showing fear-based thinking - "It's better we do in the case ..." or "We do better if ..."
- Growing awareness mediocre in human performance.
- Residues from the original purpose.
Bureaucracy is a cancer organization - growth, without being selfish.
Due to the growing bureaucratic culture of the organization, it is rarely seen by people with cash reserves and those remarkable - after all, is the cause of unintended!
Treatment of bureaucracy requires awareness, courage, determination and appropriate action for the full commitment of management.
As with most cancer treatment, a common approach is to cut burn and poison. The result is too often "that grows back again" or "we recovered but died bureaucratic organization."
Bureaucracy is best prevented and treated by the officers to ensure that the cultural features:
- All systems are simple, connected and serve the primary purpose of the organization.
- A high level of personal interaction and functional direct communication throughout the organization.
- Continuous cropping although caution is required.
- Procedure Dispute always "why". If the answer is defensive, protective or-fear-based - trying to cut it.
- Avoid satisfied and blind acceptance of routine. If there is something that needs a "rationalization" or "justification" It means something is wrong.
- Managed properly yet adventurous risk taking for innovation, simplicity and above all, to serve the primary purpose of the organization.
- Provide time and training to learn new processes properly apply.
- Ensure that the communication process is useful and clear, not blurry.
- The challenge of sustainable growth sustainable - that's not fair! More often than real development of cancer at this time disguised as more income, more opportunities, diversification, etc.
- Allowing the organization will tend to evaluate holistically.
Experience shows that the executive team meetings designed to eliminate the negative aspects of the bureaucratic process is best facilitated by an external facilitator, capable of challenging discussions respectful.
Experience also shows that most organizations do not have a process that is designed to minimize bureaucracy, and even have a process that is intended.
Think ROI is to design and implement a process to solve bureaucratic?About Author Site prados-sucre.com